- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick (not instant) oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with Culinary Parchment.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons (15 mL) of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, leaving 2-inch space between cookies. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges and underneath. Let cookies cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.