Avoid messy clean up by cooking pancetta or lean bacon on a baking sheet lined with Culinary Parchment paper. It’s oven safe to 425°. The pancetta crisps up nicely and your baking sheet remains clean.
- 6 slices bacon or pancetta
- fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Line baking sheet with culinary parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon or pancetta flat on the paper.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Remove from oven and place on paper towel to absorb any extra grease.
Makes two servings
Pancetta, often referred to as Italian Bacon is cured with salt & spices. It is available in most deli departments and can be purchased in a slab or pre-sliced.