For a quick and healthy breakfast, start with some fragrant thyme and some farm fresh eggs. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and provide the fuel to get through the day.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (60mL) 10% cream (can substitute milk)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (stems removed)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) melted butter
- Heat stove top to medium.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, butter, salt and pepper.
- Line large skillet with culinary parchment paper.
- Add egg mixture. Once eggs begin to set, gently stir with spatula to break up the eggs. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg is left, but still remaining soft and moist. (approx. 5 minutes)
For a lighter result, reduce 10% cream to 5% or replace with homogenized milk.