- 2 cups (500 mL) pecans, walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
- ½ to 1 teaspoon (2 to 5 mL) cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a shallow rimmed baking pan with Culinary Parchment
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add nuts and stir until nuts are evenly moistened.
- Combine brown sugar, cumin, cayenne and salt; sprinkle over nuts and toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread nuts on lined pan. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to separate nuts, until coating is crisp and nuts are fragrant. Cool, then break up any large pieces. Nuts will crisp up as they cool.
Makes 2 cups (500 mL).